Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Who's the One AIG Executive??

It's been splashed all over the news today that 9 of the top 10 highest paid AIG executives have given back their bonuses.

I want to know one thing: Who's the one guy who DID NOT give back his bonus?

That's the guy I'd like to interview. That's a guy with some leadership qualities. As said by Jim Calhoun, coach of the University of Connecticut men's basketball team, if I were an AIG executive and I was asked to give back money, my response would also be "Not a dime!".

The government got themselves into this mess. It's similar to loaning money to your dead-beat cousin, then being shocked when he wastes it on booze and gambling. HOPEFULLY the Obama administration has learned something from this. Government should not butt into private industry in this manner. Government should not dump tax money into a failing private enterprise. The failing enterprise is failing for a reason. The market is more than capable of making the necessary corrections without saddling generations of US taxpayers with enormous debt amassed in the name of bailouts because certain institutions are arbitrarily deemed "too big to fail".

It's a fool-me-once-shame-on-you-fool-me-twice-shame-on-me situation. Liberals never learn, so I won't hold my breath.

No comments: