Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Gun Show Disappoints

I made my way to the gun show at the Easter States Exposition in Springfield, MA this past weekend.  It was not what I was looking for as a new gun shopper.  I was expecting several booths where one could view and hold different guns.  I was expecting salesmen trying to sell potential buyers on the virtues of their firearms.  While there were some booths selling new guns, the majority of tables were devoted to antique items.  All but one of the tables selling new guns had them behind glass.  The one booth that had the guns available to handle was the most crowded booth at the show.  One would thing the other sellers would catch on.

Perhaps my expectations were too high, but the show was closer to a flea market than a convention.

If you are in the market for a new gun, in my opinion the show is not the way to go.  The selection at a store like Cabela's is likely better than the show.  Additionally, there is no entry fee for Cabela's, and all the accessories you need are available in one place. 

For the new firearm buyer, go to your local store.  For antique items, check out the show.  

No comments: