Thursday, September 4, 2008

A Rarity: School Board Pulls Off Budget Surplus

I've been especially tough on school boards and school administrators in this space in the past, especially the school board of my local town of Bristol, CT. Since I've been so tough in the past, I found it only fair to give credit when credit is due. The Bristol, CT Board of Education announced this week that they ended the fiscal year with a surplus of nearly $800,000.

I send my kudos to the Board of Education and administrators of all Bristol schools that made this possible.

This demonstration of efficiency and fiscal responsibility in the face of rising costs (energy, food, etc.) should be applauded. The effort will go a long way towards increasing the trust of the local tax payers in the school system management.

I don't know all the details of what created the surplus, but I'm taking this one at face value.

Great job BoE and thanks for looking out for the local tax payers! Keep it up.

No comments: